Fitness meets fashion and style has taken the world by storm. With a rapid rise in athleisure influencers, an inspiring new wave of fashionistas are leading the way for those who wish to embrace fitness in both their wardrobe and their lifestyle. With the right looks and the right attitude, they are inspiring an entire generation to stay healthy and stylish. So, let’s get to know some of the major influencers in the athleisure space, and get inspired by their inspiring looks and advice.
1. Athleisure : The Fitness Fashion Trend
In recent years, athleisure has grown to become a fitness fashion trend that is everywhere. It combines fashion with performance, giving us the opportunity to look great while actually being active. Here are some of the reasons why it’s such a popular style:
- Function over Fashion: One of the major reasons behind the rise of athleisure as a trend is the focus on function over fashion. By wearing clothes designed for performance, we can feel comfortable while still looking fashionable.
- Breathability: Athleisure clothes don’t just look great; they also are designed to keep the wearer cool and comfortable. Many pieces of athleisure clothing are made from fabric that is lightweight and breathable, so that no matter how hard you’re working, you won’t overheat.
- Versatility: Athleisure clothing is designed to transition effectively between the gym and the outside world. Whether you’re going from a workout to a casual lunch or from an office day to a yoga class, athleisure can be appropriate for either setting, allowing you to look great in any situation.
- Ease of Care: Aside from looking great and performing well, another bonus of athleisure clothing is the ease of care. Many pieces are machine washable, making them incredibly easy to take care of.
Overall, the rise of athleisure as a fashion trend is great news for anyone who wants to look their best while also being comfortable and performing well. There is no need to sacrifice style for comfort with athleisure, and that’s what makes it such a great trend.
2. Get Inspired By Athleisure Influencers
Fashion trends come and go, but it seems athleisure is here to stay. We’ve been seeing this style embraced by celebs and influencers alike for a few years and it’s grown in popularity throughout 2020. It’s no surprise the world has adopted this look to suit their comfy-casual lifestyles.
If you’re looking to create an athleisure wardrobe of your own, the best place to start is by looking to the experts. Influencers have their finger on the pulse of style, and the ones who wear athleisure the most can be your source of inspiration and advice.
- Amanda Joell Gonzalez, known as GlamJogger, is a beauty and lifestyle influencer who’s all about the sports-luxe style. You can often find her in a brightly-colored bomber jacket and some lycra leggings.
- Keilidh Wylie, a Scottish fitness instructor, never fails to look her best, even when she’s at the gym. Her Instagram page shows off her mix of fitness apparel and streetwear.
- Tobias Cortina often hangs out at the skatepark or on the basketball court sporting a classic combination of sneakers and joggers with a graphic tee. Tobias knows how to keep it cool.
These influencers are proof that athleisure can be as exciting and stylish as you want it to be. So get out the gym clothes and express yourself. Have an experiment and mix and match fashion-forward and functional pieces. Wear confidence and you’ll be a part of the new athleisure trend.
3. Show Your True Fitness Style
You have a style all your own, and your fitness routine should reflect that! Your exercise regimen should reflect your one-of-a-kind personality, goals, and preferences. That’s why it is essential to break out of the traditional gym mentality and search for creative ways to get your heart rate up.
Change Things Up! Variety can make all the difference when it comes to sticking to your health goals. With the right approach, you can lead an active life that doesn’t feel like a chore. From exploring your local trails to joining an intramural sports team, the possibilities are endless! To keep your workouts from getting stale, try mixing things up a bit. Taking some dance classes, trying some new sports or maybe even taking on a challenge like learning a new martial art can be just the thing to infuse some excitement into your fitness plan.
Unlock Your Inner Athlete It can be hard to come up with creative ways to break a sweat when the weather outside isn’t so inviting. But that doesn’t mean you won’t move your body—you may just need to think outside of the box. Try to find ways to be active within your own home. For example:
- Set up a yoga mat for some at-home meditation and stretching.
- Crank up some tunes and challenge yourself with a jump-rope circuit.
- Rearrange a few pieces of furniture to make a makeshift obstacle course for your living room.
- Mount some bottles on a wall for makeshift kettlebell exercises.
These types of clever touches can help you stay active in the warmer months or any time of the year!
Get Connected. Taking a solo fitness approach can be inspiring if it works for you, but sometimes a little support goes a long way. There is beauty in the strength that comes from collaborative workouts. Signing up for a bootcamp, joining a running club, or taking a group fitness class can be a great way to foster some positive competition in your workouts. Set a goal with your group and go at it. You’ll be surprised at what you can accomplish with a partner by your side.
So what does your perfect fitness routine look like? Everyone’s different, so make sure to design a fitness routine that works for you and your style. It doesn’t have to be traditional or mimic the routines of the masses—it just has to be true to you!
4. Styling Tips From the Pros
Develop an Eye for Detail
The biggest difference between a rookie and a seasoned fashionista lies in the details. Veteran style-savvies tend to have a sixth sense which allows them to spot smallelements thatothers may miss. They have learned to appreciate things as small as the stitching of a garment’s hem, the cut of its pocket, and the intricacies of its pattern. Knowing when textures and styles clash or when colours complement each other helps them to find the perfect outfit.
Carefully Select Pieces
When perfecting a style, high-end fashion experts understand it’s all in the details. Instead of buying somethingin bulk, they take the time to carefully selecteach piece in order to obtain an elegant, well-polished look. To become a real pro, you’ll have to learn how to source the best items for every ensemble. Experience will teach you how to recognise quality garments thatare built to last.
Control Your Look
Pros often have an immediately recognisable style – that’s no coincidence. To be fashion-forward, you need to be able to control your look. That means finding ways to take a few basic components and build innovative, sophisticated ensembles. To do this successfully, here are a few tips to consider:
- Pick clothing that suits your environment.
- Personalise your style by adding accessories.
- Stay at the edge of trends by combining classic, vintage and modern items.
- Pay attention to proportions and details.
By following these tips and practising often, you too can be a styling star with the pros!
While staying active at the gym, pool, or studio may have been the primary motivation to rock athleisure wear, following the fashion trends of the leading athleisure influencers will also help you stay looking stylish. So whether you’re heading out to break a sweat or just going for a stroll around the park, this fashionable and comfortable look will make sure you stay up-to-date and confident — wherever you go!