Fashion is unique in that it allows us to mix, match, and play with different styles. For many, the combination of streetwear and formal attire has been a recent trend. In doing so, we have the opportunity to create a look that is all our own – one that is fashionable, comfortable, and confident. So, what are the tips and tricks to successfully incorporate streetwear into your formal attire? Read on to find out how!
1. Putting an Edge on Classic Style
For those with a timeless aesthetic sensibility, nothing appeals quite like classic style. Few looks and designs have proven to be more enduring. But, even the most classic of classics can benefit from a modern edge.
There’s no better way to elevate your look than with accessories. Add pops of color to each ensemble with a bright belt or colorful scarf. Try wearing ankle boots to add a contemporary spin to your favorite pair of skinnies and cardigan. Toss on a vintage-inspired wide-brimmed hat to make a statement.
Never underestimate the power of makeup. Achieve an instantly updated look with a liquid eyeliner. Accentuate the highlights and add dimension to your face with a few jams of bronzer or a hint of shimmery highlighter. Colorful, matte lip stain adds a hint of nostalgia.
Style is an ever-evolving art. You don’t have to let go of classic aesthetic to make a fashion statement. Instead, incorporate modern touches to gain the perfect balance of timelessness and trend.
- Bright Belt
- Ankle Boots
- Wide-Brimmed Hat
- Liquid Eyeliner
- Matte Lip Stain
2. Adding Comfort to the Mix
To round out your home theater experience, adding in an element of comfort couldn’t be easier. Consider investing in a remote-controlled reclining sofa and ottomans, so you and your guests can customize their own seating choice. They come in a wide range of styles, from traditional to ultra-modern, so they can fit any home theater.
Once you have your seating arrangement figured out, you can make sure everyone stays comfortable with some cozy pillows and throws. What’s more, when the movie ends, you’ll be glad to curl up and enjoy the warmth of a blanket.
For those chilly winter evenings, consider laying out an area rug. It will help to tie the room together and help keep you warm at the same time. Plus, you can choose from a wide variety of colors and textures, such as shaggy, flat-weave, and even natural fiber materials.
A few strategically placed accent lamps can also add ambiance and some much-needed additional lighting. Use dim lighting to put all the focus on your movie-watching, without squinting too much to determine what’s happening.
And finally, why not consider a popcorn maker? Of course, you can also get one of those microwaveable bags, but having a dedicated popcorn maker will make all the difference in your home theater experience. It’s also a great way to set the mood and get people’s mouths watering before the show.
- Remote-controlled reclining furniture makes for comfortable seating
- Add cozy pillows and throws
- A rug can add warmth and tie the room together
- Accent lamps add ambient light to the room
- A popcorn maker sets the mood and gets people’s mouths watering
3. Making Streetwear Work in Formal Settings
Streetwear often gets a bad reputation for lacking sophistication, but this fashion genre actually makes quite the statement when styled correctly.
The trick to making streetwear work for formal settings is all in the accessorizing! To ensure you look the part, there are a few key steps you should follow:
- Start with classic silhouettes like white shirts, oversized cardigans, or chinos.
- Pick high-quality fabrics like wool or cotton.
- Cuff your trousers for an edgier shape.
When it comes to choosing the right pair of shoes, opt for classic sneakers with sleek lines like a low-top leather sneaker, for a timeless and refined look.
The accessories you choose to complete your look are just as important. Rock a hat, scarf, oversized glasses, or colorful shoelaces to bring the streetwear vibes into your style.
At the end of the day, mixing streetwear into your formal wardrobe isn’t as intimidating as it may seem. A few cool pieces can go a long way towards amping up your attire, and making sure you look and feel your best!
4. Tips for Incorporating Streetwear into Your Wardrobe
Streetwear has been one of the biggest fashion trends in recent years — so how do you incorporate it into your wardrobe? Here are some tips to help you put together a streetwear-inspired outfit that looks decidedly stylish!
- Choose Classic Pieces. Known for its clean, effortless aesthetic, streetwear relies on timeless pieces like simple tees, oversized hoodies, and classic jeans. Stick with muted hues like grey, black, and navy and pair with basic white sneakers.
- Play with Proportions. Let the oversized fit of streetwear be your guide and look for silhouettes that are slightly bigger than your normal size. Wearing baggy jeans with an oversized hoodie or a fitted t-shirt with shorts is a great way to mix and match elements.
- Accessorize. Jazz up your look with streetwear-inspired accessories, like statement jewellery, baseball caps, and backpacks. Have some fun with your accessories by mixing fun colours and textures to create a look that’s truly one-of-a-kind.
- Try Layering. Layering an outfit is an effective way to add dimension to your look. Try wearing a cropped hoodie with an oversized coat — the trick is to create contrast between the technical streetwear pieces and the more tailored elements.
- Experiment. The beauty of streetwear is that you can be creative and experiment with various elements. Don’t be afraid to mix and match different prints and textures — just make sure you’re comfortable with your look and that it doesn’t become too busy or overwhelming.
With these tips, you’ll be able to put together a streetwear-inspired outfit that’s stylish and completely unique to you. Have some fun while experimenting and pretty soon, you’ll be an expert on the trend!
Making streetwear formal can not only be a great way to show off your individual style, but it can be a great conversation starter. With thought-out and well-executed looks, you can be sure to turn heads with your fashionable flair. So now that you know how to hack the system and blend different styles together, go on and make your mark in your own unique style.